Re: ISO 9000 - getting started

Subject: Re: ISO 9000 - getting started
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 12:45:12 -0700

> From anolan -at- P21 -dot- COM Wed Oct 8 11:39:48 1997
> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 14:40:09 -0500
> From: Amy Nolan <anolan -at- P21 -dot- COM>
> Subject: ISO 9000 - getting started
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>
> Does anyone know of a good source to get started with learning about
> ISO 9000? I'm mostly interested in books, web sites, or training
> seminars.
>
> Examples of a quality manual would also be great!
>
> Thanks,
> Amy Nolan
> anolan -at- p21 -dot- com

There are 100s of books listed in amazon and hundreds of web sites
on ISO 9000. A commercial site I found useful was commerce-associates
They have a book/disk on writing about a quality system.

The Technical Communications of STC published at least two excellent
articles on ISO writing. 2nd Quarter 1993, "The Technical Communicator
and ISO 9000." Third quarter 1995, "Documenting an ISO 9000 Quality
System."

We are being audited next week, so ISO is very much in my thoughts.

Have fun.

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- sabu -dot- Eng -dot- sun -dot- com