Your Opinion is Appreciated

Subject: Your Opinion is Appreciated
From: Jonathan Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:13:55 -0400

As an independent technical and business writer, I often find my time for
actual writing reduced by the need to chase down answers to other
non-client questions. Questions about tools, questions related to running a
business, and questions about where/how to get new business.

Lately, I've been amazed at how much work I have to do just to stay current
(i.e., reading journals, going to tradeshows, talking with colleagues,
surfing the WEB). And I presume that I am not alone. Consequently, I have
been thinking seriously about publishing a newsletter dealing with these
issues.
But to see if this would be of use to anybody else besides myself, I need
your thoughts:
* Would a newsletter covering such topics as tools, business issues,
marketing, continuing education, and compensation be of interest use to
you?
* Which writing-related topic is of interest to you but is often missing
from the publications you read?
* Would you want this publication to be online and/or in hardcopy format?
* Would you subscribe to this publication if there is a subscription fee?
* How would you use this information?
* How often would you want to receive such a newsletter?

Your comments are appreciated,

Jon Leer
LEER TECHNICAL COMMUNICATIONS
Distributing Your Knowledge to the World
http://www.mv.com/ipusers/ltc
603-471-0688 voice/fax