QUESTION: Bad Experiences with FrameMaker 5.5 and Office 97?

Subject: QUESTION: Bad Experiences with FrameMaker 5.5 and Office 97?
From: rcurrier <rcurrier -at- RAINBOW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:10:39 -0700

Hope these questions are not off-topic. I need the advice of the mighty

We have used FrameMaker 5.1 for the last several months for producing
larger manuals, and Word 7 (Office 95) for smaller documents (both on
Windows 95). Early reports on this list concerning FrameMaker 5.5
bugs scared me away from installing the 5.5 update, even though we
have it. I haven't seen much traffic on 5.5 bugs lately. Should I go for
it and
install 5.5, or wait for a patch release?

Similar question on Office 97. Reports of serious bugs in Word 8 in
Office 97 have "dis-incentivized" (just kidding--no flames please) me
from installing Office 97 for production work. (Few of the external
offices we exchange Word files with are using Office 97.) Would you
wait for fixes from Microsoft, or install Office 97 now?

What say the Techwhirlers? Feel free to e-mail me
privately, if you don't want to clutter up the
list with this topic.

Robin Currier
Technical Documentation Manager
Rainbow Technologies, Inc.