online help via FrameMaker

Subject: online help via FrameMaker
From: Hillary Jones <hillary -at- NICHIMEN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:42:59 -0800

My boss has come up with a way for us to do our online help through
FrameMaker. He wants us to do little "snippets" of graphics and
text--each within its own Frame file, and then import them by reference
into a module (which would be in another Frame file. Then export that
module as HTML or RTF and use a "browser" that a guy here is developing
in-house to compile and display the help. He (boss) thinks we can use
the FrameMaker Book feature to keep track of all these files.

My guess is that there will be literally thousands of "snippets," and
maybe hundreds of modules.

Does anyone have any comments about this? Whether you've done something
like this, think it will or won't work and why, etc.? Even if you have
questions for me, that might help me get a handle on how this will work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hillary Jones

--
Hillary Jones