Word Graphics

Subject: Word Graphics
From: John Prince <prince1 -at- WEBTV -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 18:03:56 -0600

Recently, I was "forced" to write a manual in Word. Office 97 to be
precise. Yuk!

Anyway, just before I brought it to print, I noticed that a few of the
graphics (screen shots) turned into a square with an "X" in the middle
of it. Okay...I fixed it, and saved it. The next time I opened the
document, another graphic did the same thing.

I "believe" this has something to do with my RAM. So...breaking the
document into seperate files would be the solution...right? Wrong.
Problem with that is when I take it to the publisher to print, it will
need to be in one file. There are many reasons why...I won't get into
them. Let's just chalk them up to Word's limitations. I'm used to
Frame, where I can simply keep book files then generate the book. <vent>
I HATE WORD! </vent>

Does anyone know exactly WHY the graphics are doing this, and what I can
do to prevent it - other than breaking the document up into seperate
files?

Thanks!

John
http://members.tripod.com/~princej/DC.html (The Great Dallas Cowboys)