Re: Printing PDF graphics, or See grown man weep.

Subject: Re: Printing PDF graphics, or See grown man weep.
From: Miark <miark -at- MIJENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 15:38:12 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hirschler <DGHirschler -at- AUTOMATEDLOGIC -dot- COM>

>For example, for raster images you might try PCX or BMP rather than TIF...

All my graphics are bitmaps, and all are already 4- or 8-bit BMPs.

>There could be a bug in the filter you are using to export your graphics.

Where, in FrameMaker?

>I have also seen improved results by switching to a different Postscript
>printer driver and PPD file. Try the latest Adobe postscript driver
>available on their web site.

I just installed the AdobePS 4.1 driver. No go.

>Avoid hairlines...Or you could go ahead and use a 600 dpi printer

No hairlines. They're all 150 dpi screen shots, and the printer is set to at
least 600 dpi.

>Last resort -- reinstall Distiller. I have seen it become corrupted on
>some machines. Reinstalling the software fixed the problem.

I just did that too--no go.

And it gets better. I can't get a decent print even when compression is
totally disabled!

Man, this is frustrating.

How does one subscribe to PDF-L?

Mike