Re: Hyperlinks: Word to PDF

Subject: Re: Hyperlinks: Word to PDF
From: "Roz Ault, Information Technology, X 377" <AULT -at- FAXON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:05:59 -0400

joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com writes:

> Though we don't do many docs in Word, one has arrived,
> written by ::shudder:: Engineering. The question I want to
> pose is: is there any way to, or any third party software
> that will, autoconvert the Word ToC to hyperlinks in the
> PDF?

As long as the document's ToC is generated from heading styles, not ToC
codes, you can do this with the shareware program rtftohtml. Save the
document as RTF, and this program will automatically convert all
headings to internal links, generating an HTML ToC document as well.

You can download a working demo from:

http://www.sunpack.com/RTF/latest/

- Roz Ault
ault -at- faxon -dot- com