Section Numbering in Word -- THE ANSWER

Subject: Section Numbering in Word -- THE ANSWER
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 13:31:44 -0500

Dear friends,

After many hours and several replies from my fellow whirlers,
I solved my problem of section numbering in Word (the font
sizes used for the various levels of numbering was inconsistent).

No matter what was tried, the font sizes of the section numbers
couldn't be made the same, so in desperation, we used the brute
force method: we changed to a different "Heading Numbering"
style, then changed it back. The reason why is not known, nor
do I really care, but at least this fixed the problem.
Thus is progress made.

This reminds me once again why I don't like publishing with a
word processor.

Thanks to all who responded to my pitiful cries; your concern
and helpfulness made the agony more bearable.

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com