Re: Book on scanning?

Subject: Re: Book on scanning?
From: Keith Bennett <bennettk -at- EROLS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:24:34 +0000

Karen Schriver wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good book that explains all the ins and outs of
> scanning, that is, one that is written in everyday English explaining
> stuff like degaussing and descreening (and nicely illustrated)?
>
> thank you,
>
> karen schriver
> KSA, Document Design and Research

Hi Karen:

One of the best books on scanning I've ever run across is "Real World
Scanning and Halftones: The Definitive Guide to Scanning and Halftones
From The Desktop," by David Blatner and Steve Roth.
ISBN No.: 1-56609-093-8, PeachPit Press, 1993.

The writing style is lively, informative, and by no means "too techie"
When I added graphic design to my technical writing skills, it made a
tremendous diffference in my marketability; this book was a valuable
asset. I think you'll agree after reading the first chapter.

Good Luck.