Re: Personal Knowledge Base

Subject: Re: Personal Knowledge Base
From: "hope.d.cascio" <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 14:41:31 -0600

We use a Lotus Notes database for that here. While we rarely catalog posts
from listservs, we do archive similar "tips and tricks" type information,
internal methodologies, etc., and it is full-text searchable, as well as giving
the ability to assign keywords.

(No answer for you on IE... I use Netscape at home, which saves its bookmarks
AS an html file!)

Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:43:44 -0500
From: Debbie Molinaro <debbiem -at- UCS -dot- NET>
Subject: Personal Knowledge Base

Hi folks!

Please help me get organized. How do you manage the information you get
from lists (this and others)?

I use MS Internet Mail, and I move "keepers" into various folders. The
problems with this method are:
- the folders are overflowing
- the search/find possibilities are severely limited

I began saving each keeper as a text file, with a semi-unintelligent name
(like tw0001.txt) to a folder and using the Win95 Find | File feature on
that folder. This works very well on the search side, but it's time
consuming on the "Save As" side.

Is there a tool to automate this, like a Personal Knowledge Base Manager?
(I'm willing to pay!) What do you folks do?

Thanks for your help.

btw/ on an entirely different subject...
Is there a way to save IE v.3.02 bookmarks to a(n) HTML file?