Re: Team Efforts

Subject: Re: Team Efforts
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:07:20 -0500

John Posada stated that he believes 99 out of 100 writing tasks requires the
writer to be a part of an on-site team effort. Perhaps in the world of user
doc this might be true, but it is far from being as universally true as John
would have it.

Dan...I wasn't looking at editing. I was referring to projects where content is created. In addition, even under those circumstances, I believed that you only needed about 20% of the time as part of the onsite team. The question was whether a person could be off-site 100% of the time.

I agree and in fact, practice the arrangement where if I'm going to be editing or indexing material, I want as little interaction as possible. I want lots of peace and quite and nothing to distract me.

However, this is to assume that there is someone who owns the document and will do all of the interaction with the contributors.

It's only when the development of new material is involved do I find that some face to face is required.

John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network
-work http://www.faxsav.com -personal http://www.tdandw.com
-work mailto:posada -at- faxsav -dot- com -personal mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
-work phone: 732-906-2000 X2296 -home phone: 732-291-7811
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for them.

HEY! Are you coming to the NJ TechWriter lunch? So far, about 10
of us are. Ask me about it.