searching archives w/o a net (was Re: ANSWER)

Subject: searching archives w/o a net (was Re: ANSWER)
From: "Alexandra A. Dianna" <AADiann -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:51:49 EST5EDT

To all annoyed by "newbie questions" --

Please bear in mind that not everyone has the luxury of web access.

This makes it rather difficult for some people to search the
archives prior to posting those gawdawful annoying newbie questions.

Hey, we were all newbies once. The archives are full of evidence of
*that* as well...

Thanks,
Alex

<quoted text liberally snipped to spare you the bandwidth>

> From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>

> I just wanted to provide one helpful amplification to John's suggestion
> to newbies:
> Remember that there are multiple list archives on different servers with
> different capabilities. The server for the archive at the site John
> cites

Alex Dianna
Technical Writer
Accu-Sort Systems, inc.