Re: Meta tag legalities

Subject: Re: Meta tag legalities
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:03:21 -0800

>I wouldn't think the use of metatags is illegal...unethnical, maybe, by
>not illegal. I can use my competitor's name in a cross-reference chart
>or an advertisement; why would a metatag be any different?

If you're doing it to fool the search engines -- say by attracting surfers
who are really looking for Microsoft -- you may find that Yahoo or Alta
Vista or others may blacklist your site and never turn you up in searches.
...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net>
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

(C) Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.