Re: Writing Samples

Subject: Re: Writing Samples
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:58:38 -0700

Changing a few names doesn't turn proprietary information into generic
information. Potential employers can look at your resume and more than
likely guess which job it was written for, unless you've been doing
short-term contract writing. Also, it's usually the ideas between instances
of the company's name that they're interested in protecting anyway.

I wouldn't hire somebody who showed confidential material (without clear
permission) from another employer. Nor would I want to work for an employer
who angled to get confidential writing samples from a competitor's
employees.

Jill Burgchardt
jburgcha -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov