Re: Still Tops?

Subject: Re: Still Tops?
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:21:38 +0000

Howdy,

My job will probably be winding down soon and I am considering
going back to contracting. I made one phone call to a company
I used to contract for and was surprised by the response. The
recruiter almost begged me to consider a contract now. The rates
are running 40% to 50% higher than 2.5 years ago when I was
contracting. Also, I looked through the paper and found an
incredible number of adds. Both hardware and software writing
seem to be in demand.

So tech writing is alive and well and in demand in Austin, Texas.
Also, there seem to be quite a few opportunities for telecommuting
opening up. Experienced writers are so in demand that companies
are "wooing" them.

I am REALLY glad to be in this field right now.

Melonie Holliman
The Tech Writer
ABM Data Systems, Inc.
Austin, TX