Still tops?

Subject: Still tops?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 19:14:38 -0400

"Feeman, KevinX" <kevinx -dot- feeman -at- INTEL -dot- COM> wrote:

>Do you all think that TW is in the top 100 great careers, do >you all think TW is still rapidly growing, etc. I

The answer probably varies from region to region, but, on the whole, I
think it probably is. I've seen a couple of different surveys: one
suggests that it's the third fastest growing field in North America, and
another that it's the fifth. And my own experience certainly bears that
out.

Of course, I'm talking about technical writing in the broadest sense,
including policy and procedure writers, marketing communication, and
many types of non-fiction editing. Many people are doing more than one
of these kinds of writing, and I'm not sure if divisions between them
are very meaningful.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(604) 421-7189 or 687-2133

It taks a stranger to understand
What the wind says in a strange land.
And the wind says, "This year, next year..."
- Oystter Band