Re: apologies and more

Subject: Re: apologies and more
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:31:22 -0500

> Second... Web design. I have refrained from buying an application to
> author in up to now because I felt they all were pretty limited in
> some regard. However, now that I am authoring more often and have
> some sizable sites to maintain, I am sad to say that Notepad is no
> longer suitable. Do any of you know of a good tool that speeds the
> authoring/publishing process along yet still allows for ASCII-view
> tweaking?

I like HotDog. I'm using an old version (2.07), so I have no idea what
today's HotDog is like, but the version I use is not WYSIWYG and doesn't
hide any of the code from you (in fact, you can type the whole thing in
ASCII if you want, although that would defeat the purpose of using an
editor). It just automates some of the more tedious chores. At one time
you could download a 30-day evaluation copy from www.sausage.com -- I
don't know if you still can, but it's worth a look.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm