Word 97 to PageMaker

Subject: Word 97 to PageMaker
From: "Amy G. Peacock" <apeacock -at- WOLFENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:47:04 -0700

Hi all,

I am still having problems trying to place a Word 97 document into PM.

I got the following suggestions:

Bill Swallow suggested saving my graphics as .bmps, deleting the
graphics out of my doc and then trying to place the doc.

Dianne Walsh suggested that I might not want to place an .rtf file -
to just do a .doc file

Ian Ferguson suggested that I get the Word 97 filter from Adobe.

I tried all of these things and more:

1)I took out my graphics,

2)have saved it as an .rtf,

3)got the filter,

4)got the update to 6.52,

and I *still* get the Dr. Watson fatal errors (I'm an NT user). Each
time I try it the program crashes and I can't get it started again
(until I reboot). I even tried placing a completely *different*
document (in both .doc and .rtf) that is only four lines long and
never had any graphics.

What am I doing wrong?

Amy Peacock
techwriter & jewelrymaker