Re: Format for receiving document reviews

Subject: Re: Format for receiving document reviews
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:56:44 -0700

Jane Bergen wrote:

<snip>
> Some reviewers are lousy. They only flip through the document and mark
> the most bizarre things (misspellings that aren't, like "loose" vs.
> "lose"....engineers always "loose" things!) and yet won't even comment
> about major gum-ups like wrong screen shots or whole dialogs missing.

I just had to relate a recent experience...

I sent around a review copy of a performance verification technical
reference manual. The SME in charge of the hardware side circled the
specification tables in red and wrote in the margin:

"Are you sure these specifications are correct?"

I was flabbergasted!

Did this SME think I had the ability to make up specifications?

Maybe some SME's do not understand what a "review" is.

If you can't laugh it off, you'd go insane!

Barry Kieffer