Re: Reassuring language

Subject: Re: Reassuring language
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:56:41 -0500

Suzette is correct: they are very condescending. Our users are not all
idiots and they are not going to be "reassured" or comforted by silly
words like "simply" -- and how do you "'simply' click" anyway? I also
know if that I had used anything like this in any of the tech writing
courses I've taken, it would have earned (and deserved) an "F" grade.

Jane Bergen
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc.
Richardson, TX (972)997-8355