Re: Hardware requirements for Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Hardware requirements for Technical Writers
From: "Taylor, Steve" <steve -dot- taylor -at- ALLEGIANCETELECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:15:04 -0500

All I can tell you is what I use, and it works very well, for about the same
software apps you are using, except I also use PageMaker and Adobe
Photoshop, and sometimes I use Word 97 AND PageMaker AND PhotoShop, all at
the same time...or instead of PageMaker, RoboHelp 5.5

Pentium 266
3.2 GB Hard Drive
96 MB Ram
17 - inch monitor.
I also have a backup directory on the network server
Use network printers for printing.

I use NT workstation (which I highly recommend over Windows 95/98)...

This works very well...and with NT, I have very few crashes (less than one a
week on average) and have not lost any data since inception in late April.

Steve Taylor
Consultant for Technical Directions, Inc.
On location at:
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.
Dallas, TX
(214) 853-7182
steve -dot- taylor -at- allegiancetelecom -dot- com
http://www.alegiancetele.com