Re: printing imbroglio

Subject: Re: printing imbroglio
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- DUKANE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:31:51 -0500

Faith asked,

>What I would like to know....has anyone come up with a way to work with
>printers that will allow you
>to spell out the nuances of a job without spending 45 minutes in explaination
>(for what I thought was a
>simple job)?

Sure do -- have an in-house printer who's familiar with your work.
Printing at my company used to be a delight. Then management decided
they could cut costs by getting rid of our print shop and shuttling
things out to the aforementioned print place that is open 24 hours a
day. It's been a nightmare. One job had to be sent back three times for
corrections -- this was after I wrote my instructions out in simple
1-sentence chunks and went over them in detail with the person on the
phone. I ended up spending about 20 hours straightening that whole mess
out, and that was 20 hours I desperately needed to meet some document
deadlines. Grrr.