STC Panel Discussion Proposal

Subject: STC Panel Discussion Proposal
From: Betty Roberts <robertbj -at- CBS -dot- FISERV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:22:47 -0400

My colleague and I would like to present a panel discussion on Distance Learning Programs for Technical Writers at the 1999 STC conference (May 16-19), in Cincinnati. We are looking for technical communicators (or technical communication students) who would like to be a part of the panel discussion. A panel discussion involves a set of prepared questions which the moderator asks the panelists. Additionally, the audience is given time to ask the panelists questions. The session generally lasts 90 minutes.

Presently, my colleague, Susan, and I are attending classes through Utah State University's distance learning program. We would like to share our experiences as distance learners at USU. To present a more comprehensive discussion of this topic, we need at least three more people who have participated in distance learning programs offered by other colleges/universities. The program does not have to offer a degree, but should focus on technical communication. The panel's work will be published in the conference publication Proceedings. (Good for your resume.)

If you are interested in participating in the panel discussion at the 1999 STC conference, please e-mail either myself (robertbj -at- cbs -dot- fiserv -dot- com) or my colleague Susan Gonzalez (gonzalst -at- cbs -dot- fiserv -dot- com). Do not respond to the list. We must submit the proposal by Aug. 1. If you are interested, you must be able to commit to the attending the conference.