Re: The Septapartist Myth

Subject: Re: The Septapartist Myth
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:19:25 -0500

In our previous episode, Mark L. Levinson said:

> Recently on another e-mail list, Mark Halpern of Siebel Systems
> wrote in to dispel the idea that a numbered list should ideally
> consist of 7 +/-2 items.

> And Mark H. says that Miller's paper is available online, at
>
> http://www.well.com/user/smailin/miller.html

Yes, but Mark Halpern got the URL slightly wrong. It's actually

http://www.well.com/user/smalin/miller.html

The "smalin" part is for Steven Malinowski, whose other offerings on
his Web page are also quite interesting; I spent some time browsing
there the last time this URL was posted.

Beth Friedman How about those Cubs?
bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=