Common Controls conflict with RoboHelp

Subject: Common Controls conflict with RoboHelp
From: Noam Ben-Yochanan <noam -at- ZSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:20:23 +0200

Hello all,

For the past month or so we've been trying to get a straight answer
from Blue-Sky concerning a bug in their software. This bug causes at
least one common control function to return a wrong value. In a few
words, if csh.lib is added to a Microsoft Visual C++ project which has a
ComboBox control in it, calls to GetLBText() return only the first two
characters of the text on Windows NT. I sent Blue-Sky a demonstration
program (write me if you want the source code), and got the following
reply:

Eric Combes, Blue Sky Software Technical Support:
> I am very sorry but because of the custom controls in your application
> it looks like the WTHC tool won't work with your application. R&D
> took a look at it but can't find a work around for your application.
> You can still use RoboHELP to create the What's This help file but
> your developers would be responsible for implementing the WinHelp API.
> Rather then the WTHC being able to do it automatically.

What I'd like to know is if anyone can figure out a simple workaround,
or if anyone knows about a different product which can use or import the
context sensitive help built by RoboHelp.

Thanks in advance,

Noam Ben-Yochanan
noam -at- zsoft -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=