Re: Moonlighting

Subject: Re: Moonlighting
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 06:53:35 -0800

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:31:35 -0600, "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J.
Ray\")" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA> wrote:

>If you think you've got something to hide, that's often a good
>sign that your conscience is bothering you and you should ask
>yourself why. And if the boss won't let you live your own life
>outside work, are you really sure you want to work there anyway?

Amen! A while back, I heard of one potential applicant to our company
who answered a question about what do, if hired, with current clients,
by simply saying he'd "continue to work for them as well." Ooo, wrong
answer. They didn't ask me this question, but I expect my answer would
have been similar to yours: as long as there's no conflict of interest,
what I do with my own time is my own business.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=