MSWord Index-generating problem

Subject: MSWord Index-generating problem
From: Deborah Cooper <dcooper -at- INSTEPMOBILE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 06:53:55 -0700

Good morning!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this Word problem. I have created
an Index in my document with these settings:

Index style = formal
Headings for accented letters
Right align page numbers
2 columns

When I generate the index entries, the heading "Index" on my page is in
section 1 but
the entries appear in a section 2 (not created by me, but by word
somehow). This means
the first page of the index is correctly numbered 138 but the second
page of the index
starts numbering at 2!

Why is this happening? I have done this with several documents and the
exact same
thing is giving me problems. All help is greatly appreciated!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=