writing man pages?

Subject: writing man pages?
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- WRITEANGLES -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 19:09:29 -0700

Sorry if this is off-topic.

After years of escaping this, it's finally come up. I'm going to have to
write man pages. I've scoured amazon.com for a book on this, but the
only books I can find are from 1986 and out of print. Can anyone
recommend a good primer on writing these beasts? I'm not even sure what
to write them *in*. TROFF?

Thanks in advance, please reply offline and I'll post a summary to the
list if there's any interest.
-joanne

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

The open-minded see the truth in different things: the
narrow-minded see only the differences. -Unknown

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=