Re: Measuring the Value Added by Professional Technical Communicators

Subject: Re: Measuring the Value Added by Professional Technical Communicators
From: THERESA VARNAU <TVARNA -at- PARKNET -dot- PMH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:50:22 -0500

Mark Baker wrote:
>>I know of no studies, and I doubt the contribution of tech writers could be
generalized in any meaningful way.<<

Forgive me if this is already been answered, but I'm on digest and I'm behind!

There was a study published - Ginny "Janice" Redish was the Project Director for a study in 1993 and 1994. If you can lay your hands on one, the Feb. 1995 issue of the STC Journal had a series of articles and case studies devoted to this topic. It's Volume 42, Number 1.

Together, Ginny and Judy Ramey have done a lot of work in this area - by now, they may have a book out about this.

Hope this helps,
Theresa

Theresa Varnau
Parkland Health & Hospital System