Frame to PDF=crap

Subject: Frame to PDF=crap
From: "Laura J. Mulcahy" <laura -at- SURETY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:26:24 -0400

Is it just me?

Here is what is happening to me. PLEASE help! I checked the Frame Web page
and am currently involved with Tech Support on the issue, but if anyone out
in TECHWR-L land knows a fix, please email me at laura -at- surety -dot- com -dot-

Issues:
- color TIFFs become black & white using the PS to Distiller option
- bullets going away when embedding any fonts using PDFWriter driver option
- graphics look fuzzy and unreadable in all versions, online and printed
(forgot about this one!)

THING ONE - When printing to PS then rendering to PDF using Distiller, my
color TIFFs appear b&w in the PDF, and the fonts look bitmapped and broken
up. The other colors in the document display as they were intended.
Graphics are fuzzy and unreadable (online and printed), in addition to being
in b&w.

THING TWO - When printing from Frame to the PDF Writer driver (with no fonts
embedded), the graphics were in color but were fuzzy and unreadable (online
and printed). Fonts looked much crisper in this format, and all special
characters displayed fine. Excellent, except for the fuzzy graphics and not
having fonts embedded (which is a must, unfortunately).

THING THREE - When printing from Frame to the PDF Writer driver (with fonts
embedded), the special characters went away completely (bullets, checkmarks,
etc). Yikes. Other fonts were crisp and very readable, but screenshots were
still fuzzy and unreadable (online and printed). I could deal with this
version for this awards submission if I could get the bullets to display.
Aargh!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=