Re: Frame to PDF=crap

Subject: Re: Frame to PDF=crap
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:11:00 -0500

>> THING ONE - When printing to PS then rendering to PDF using Distiller, my
>> color TIFFs appear b&w in the PDF
>
>This happened to me when distilling Quark XPress documents on a Mac.
>Turns out you have to select a color printer, even though you're not
>going to print to it. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but
>it might be worth a shot.

And not just any old driver, either...a color PS driver, not PCL or some
other language. If possible, use Adobe's PS driver. And if possible, use
Assistant. One tip: open Assistant before printing to it. It's much more
consistent that way.

Tim Altom
Adobe Certified Expert, Acrobat
Simply Written, Inc.
The FrameMaker support people
Creators of the Clustar Method for task-based documentation
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=