Re: FWD: ethical problem/job hunting

Subject: Re: FWD: ethical problem/job hunting
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- SLIP -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:36:38 -0700

At 04:34 AM 10/23/98 -0600, Anonymous asks:

>Hope this question isn't too naive--but is jobhunting on the sly pretty
>much the rule Out There?

Well, here in the San Francisco Bay Area, I've always been pretty
circumspect about job hunting. And I've recommended caution to a number of
friends and colleagues over the years.

The only time it's been out in the open has been after a layoff, when all
of those who are no longer employed by a company have been given a
specified period of time in which they could come back to the company site
to use company resources such as computers, phones, and faxes to look for a
new job. That's happened to me twice in the past ten years.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
mailto:editrix -at- slip -dot- net

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?"
--Hillel, "Mishna, Sayings of the Fathers 1:13"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=