Re: Fed up with Eric's Rules

Subject: Re: Fed up with Eric's Rules
From: Laurel Gilbert <Laurel -at- NICHE-ASSOCIATES -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:38:52 -0700

Actually, in principle, I agree.

I'm not sure I see the point to a list about technical communication
that is censored. Unless, of course, the list is designed to support a
company's hardware or software products (I've seen many a list where
strict posting rules were enforced to keep the topics company-friendly).

On the other hand, perhaps Eric gets a great deal of support from those
who don't want to *be* on a "mailing list," but rather prefer to have
their "research" delivered into their in-boxes instead of going out and
finding it. I can do my own research on subjects like "one space or
two" and "how to get the most out of Frame;" I join a mailing list for
community, discussion, networking, etc....not because I expect others to
do my research for me.

Perhaps another mailing list should be started....with the idea being
community, discussion, and networking for the technical communicator.
Perhaps I'll start it. :-)

Laurel

Laurel Gilbert, Senior Writer/Editor
Niche Associates