Re: Resume Revision

Subject: Re: Resume Revision
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:51:43 -0800

Keith Bennett writes:
<snip>
> They (the agency) had listed my 14 years(+) experience as 6, they
> didn't include most of the pertinent contracts I had worked on that would
> qualify me for this position, and they left out most of my skills and
> background as a technical writer, illustrator and trainer. . I mean, what
> other lies did
> the technical recruiter tell this company about me, and me about this job?
</snip>

Lesson one:
Manage you own career.

Do not allow an agency (or anybody) to manage your career.

Do not willy-nilly FAX your resume to every agency that calls you.

Retain complete control over your resume - it is *your* resume.

You have got to meet with a representative of the agency first. Talk to
them, get a feel for them. Then you can answer the question: "Do I want to
work with these folks?"

Looking for a job is hard work: Put in the effort.

Hey, its your career.

Sorry you had to learn from the school of hard knocks.

Good luck!

Barry Kieffer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=