Re: Resume Revision

Subject: Re: Resume Revision
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:20:01 -0500

On Thursday, October 29, 1998 10:35 AM, Robert Plamondon
[SMTP:robert -at- plamondon -dot- com] wrote:
> Laurence Burrows wrote:
>
> >Smart applicants enclose a cover note or the relevant parts of the >company
> >lay-off policy letter that authorized them to use the company >stationary.
> >This proactive approach tells me that they see the >connection between their
> >actions and the consequences...making them
> >the sort of people I want to hire.
>
> Interesting. In other words, you actively select for subordinates who
> expect their actions to be treated with suspicion.
It would never occur to me that this action would be treated with suspicion.
If I prepared my resume and covering letter at home, and merely used the fax
machine at work, I'm not using company stationary, since none of their paper is
used. I would never do this for a long distance fax, since that would cost the
company and would be unethical. Every company for which I've worked has
allowed employees to use the fax machine for personal reasons for local faxes.

> >Conversley, those who can't anticipate my probable negative
> >reaction are probably too dumb for me to bother about interviewing.
>
> One could argue equally convincingly that the people with a high level
> of trust are the smart ones. Specious definitions of intelligence are
> like that.
Since I know I'm not dumb, I'll accept Robert's argument and the compliment.
Thank you! :-)

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree