Assembling Contract Agencies Database -- Not

Subject: Assembling Contract Agencies Database -- Not
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 06:46:03 -0700

In a moment of severe weakness, I said:

>>Unless someone snaps us up quickly, we'll be sending
>>resumes to all the agencies we can find. Because
>>we're not the first and likely not the last to want to
>>do this, I'll volunteer to pour all of the agency contacts
>>I get into an Access database and make it available
>>to anyone who wants it (through the TECHWR-L
>>site).
>>
>>What's the catch? I need agency recommendations.
>>Please email contact info (as complete as possible)
>>for any appropriate agencies you've worked with
>>(offline, of course), and I'll go from there.

I found, for our purposes, that pounding down the doors
of agencies directly is worse than a waste of time.
IMHO, it's much more productive to simply pursue
postings on DICE (www.dice.com) and OCC (www.occ.com),
plus local STC or related job board listings.

So, for now, the database won't be happening. Sorry!

Eric

Eric J. Ray RayComm, Inc.
http://www.raycomm.com/ ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

*Award-winning author of several popular computer books
*Syndicated columnist: Rays on Computing
*Technology Department Editor, _Technical Communication_

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=