Re: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Information Mapping
From: AlQuin <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:04:32 +0100

On 25-12-1998 20:03 Marsha G. Kamish wrote:

>Sending out resumes in this way is not user-friendly at all. It presumes
>the possession of a certain Word template, you didn't check before at
>your recipients.
>
>This is the same arrogant style in building web-pages for "IE-only",
>excluding all others in the world.
>
>Are these people really consumer-oriented? No, they are just close-eyed
>professionals without being true tech-writers...
>
>My thesis.

Dear Marsha,
I was especially triggered by the quote (last line):
>>>(Let me clarify my last statement about sending a resume in Information
>>>Mapping format. I meant sending it electronically to be opened up in Word.)
>>If the recipient doesn't have the templates, it will be a jumbled mess.<<

to judge being NOT user-friendly. Since I am a TQM consultant by
profession, I want to stress a user-centered approach here in every
business' expression, including manuals and web-pages, which - the latter
- take too many hours to load.
Please, design with humans in mind, not polished professionalism...
Close this century with this intention.