Re: Figures - Captions and References?

Subject: Re: Figures - Captions and References?
From: Toni Williams TPG/SG <towilliams -at- PROCYONGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:29:14 -0800

FWIW.
In the user manuals I've written, I caption every figure (in my case screen
shots and tables) except for illustrations of messages.
I'm not sure what you mean by references, but I always include a Table of
Figures and reference the number of the figure in the text discussing the
screen or table.
HTH

Toni Williams
towilliams -at- procyongroup -dot- com

<snip>Anyway, my question: Should all
> figures in a document have captions and if they do, should all figures in
> that document have references? I was taught, and through experience, that
> figures should have captions and references. <snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=