Re: Sheesh...

Subject: Re: Sheesh...
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:46:00 -0800

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:29:15 -0800, Andrew Plato wrote:

>Mostly, who the hell cares what HTML editor you use?

I think that was the overall point of the ensuing "discussion," Andrew.
The tool is not important; the final product is. The problem in this case
is that the tool under fire tends to produce a "lesser-quality" (based on
an averaging of numerous criteria) final product.

Who the hell cares? The person who has to look at and USE the final
product. The one who may use a different browser than you, to whom your
site looks mangled, to whom it may even be unusable.

<analogy>
Who the hell cares what kind of nails you use to build a house?

I got a bulk buy on 2-3/4" common nails. I'm going to use them anywhere
and everywhere I need a fastener in this house. They're long enough to go
through a 2x6, so I can use them to frame the walls and roof. And when
it's all sheeted over and buried under Sears plastic siding, it'll look
exactly the same as the house framed using the proper 3-1/2" spikes.

And that's just fine until the first big windstorm comes along.

But you only live in the house; it shouldn't matter to you what kind of
nails I used to hold it together. So, who the hell cares?
</analogy>

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

Maybe today, maybe tomorrow
That's not the question for me
No matter what cost, I'm gonna follow
The keeper of all eternity