Re: Entry level pay

Subject: Re: Entry level pay
From: "Robert E. Garland" <robert -at- JTAN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:02:49 -0500

> I think this really depends on how tough the market is in the area. The
> smaller the tech writer supply, the fewer years required to be
> considered senior.
>
> <<The job postings I see tend to indicate that a
> senior tech writer has had at least 5 years of experience. Thoughts?
> DB.>>

Actually, I think the definition lies with the employer. In my first
technical writing job, because I opted to take more salary and no moving
expenses, I became a "Senior Technical Writer". Had I opted for the
lower salary and moving expenses, I might have had a lesser title.

--
Robert Garland Amateur Radio Station NX3S
Hilltown Township Bucks County Grid FN20ii

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=