Re: HTML and CSS

Subject: Re: HTML and CSS
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:58:58 -0600

There's an extensive discussion of CSS and links to CSS tutorials on my Web
site:
Mary's Tips on Designing Web Sites
http://www.superconnect.com/marystips/

Here's a very short synopsis of the info:
The Web is not ready for Stylesheets just yet - that is, if your Web site
is intended for a very broad audience - since only the very latest browsers
can "read" CSS codes, and the two leading browsers do not interpret them
the same.

Having said that, I must admit that once the whole world of Web-surfdom
uses browsers that can interpret CSS properly, it will be the greatest
asset for Web developers since tables were universally adopted. My guess is
that we're about a year away from that heavenly destination.

Cordially, Mary McWilliams Johnson
McJohnson Communications
Documentation / Web Site Design, Development and Graphics
http://www.superconnect.com
--------------------------oOo-----oOo---------------------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
--------------------------oOo-----oOo--------------------------

At 08:50 AM 1/29/99 -0800, Joel Pemberton wrote:
>Hi all,
>
> I'm kind of new to the world of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets and
>have been tasked with revamping our department's intranet site. Thus the
>reason for this posting,
>
> Can anyone recommend either a good book or some WWW sites that can
>help make my learning curve a little less steep?
>

>TIA
>
>Penguin
>
>Tech Writer
>Seagate Software (San Luis Obispo, CA)
>(805) 782-4438
>mailto:joel -dot- pemberton -at- nsmg -dot- seagatesoftware -dot- com
>

>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=