Re: WBT/CBT--tech writers

Subject: Re: WBT/CBT--tech writers
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:06:00 -0600

I think you'll enjoy the tutorials on Robert Crook's site:
http://web.bentley.edu/empl/c/rcrooks/teaching/
The referenced URL is specific to teaching on the Web. But you'll want to
explore this site completely since he has a wealth of information about
everything pertaining to Web development, including tips on writing for the
Web, Web design, navigation, and coding. He also has tips about tools such
as Photoshop and Homesite.

You may also want to check out a new application from Macromedia called
Dreamweaver Attain.
http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaverattain/

To quote from the Macromedia site:
"Dreamweaver Attain includes all the features of Dreamweaver, the #1
professional Web design tool. In
fact, Dreamweaver Attain is Dreamweaver, but with an added
set of functionality specific to creating
complex interactions for learning. This added functionality
provides Web and courseware developers very
easy ways of creating complex interactions that might
otherwise be too difficult or time-consuming to
hand-code and track back to a management system. If you are
developing Web-based learning or
complex Web interactions, Dreamweaver Attain should be your
tool of choice."

If you're interested in more resources pertaining to writing for the Web or
on-line writing in general, check out the "Content" section on my Web site:
Mary's Tips on Designing Web Sites
http://www.superconnect.com/marystips/

Cordially, Mary McWilliams Johnson
McJohnson Communications
Documentation / Web Site Design, Development and Graphics
http://www.superconnect.com
--------------------------oOo-----oOo---------------------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
--------------------------oOo-----oOo--------------------------

At 11:12 AM 1/29/99 -0800, Corinne Kantor wrote:
>Does anyone know of any web sites, list servs, organizations, etc. for tech
>writers who create WBT/CBT courses? I'm familiar with ASTD but that group
>appears to be more for those who do stand-up training. I'm also a member of
>STC, but STC seems to focus more on printed documentation, not WBT/CBT.
>Thanks!
>
>Corinne Kantor
>Technical Writer
>Knowledge Quest