Re: Nasty Surprise

Subject: Re: Nasty Surprise
From: Bernie McCann <BernieMc -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:49:44 EST

Melonie -dot- holliman -at- txexmta4 -dot- amd -dot- com recently wrote:

"... I was on the short list for a Senior Writer position. Then they decided
to hire a manager for the department before they hired the writers (duh!) ..."

Could I ask her to elaborate for the reason of the "duh!" It seems to me
that, as long as the company was correct in its decision to establish a large
department, then, a manager ( a technical writing experienced manager) would
be ideal.

There have been many complaints on this list about hiring agencies with no
experience of our profession, so I don't understand this attitude. Perhaps,
just as many writers, without the required qualifications, are hired by
inexperienced hirers.

Bernie
Beware - Lurking Digest Reader

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=