JOB: Full-Time Permanent Technical Writer in Washington, DC

Subject: JOB: Full-Time Permanent Technical Writer in Washington, DC
From: Terese Scott <tscott -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:21:33 -0500

The Bureau of National Affairs, a national publisher of
print and electronic news and information products, is
seeking a technical writer/editor to produce technical user
documentation and online help systems for tax and accounting
software and CD-ROM products.

PLEASE NOTE: NO RELOCATION OR INTERVIEW FEES OFFERED FOR
THIS POSITION.

The position requires a demonstrated ability to edit, write,
and organize technical materials for laypersons; working
knowledge of desktop publishing and word processing systems
such as Windows 95 Microsoft Word for Windows; experience
using Framemaker is preferable. Requires a minimum of two
years' technical writing experience, preferably in a
software development environment. Also requires degree with
coursework in English, journalism, communications, or
technical writing. Coursework or experience in taxation or
accounting desireable.

We are not the federal government!

Several factors distinguish us from other firms. We are the
oldest, wholly employee-owned compnay in the US, and we have
been cited as one of the '100 Best Companies to Work for in
America' by Fortune Magazine for 1998 and 1999, and for
Working Mother Magazine every year since 1990. We offer a
technology-rich environment and an outstanding compensation
package.

Excellent compensation and benefits package. -- Visit our
Website at www.bna.com.

EOE M/F/D/V

Send your resume to

Terese Scott at tscott -at- bna -dot- com

or

Bureau of National Affairs
Terese Scott
1250 23rd St., N.W., Suite 4-214S