Re: JavaHelp release is nigh

Subject: Re: JavaHelp release is nigh
From: Donna Bruce <donna -dot- l -dot- bruce -at- USTRA -dot- MAIL -dot- ABB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:09:28 -0500

Subscribe to the Java Developers Connection (www.sun.com) and then download
the JavaHelp Beta Release. It contains the JRE (needed to run the help
system) and several demonstrations on the help system. You have to do some
minor Environment Variable defining (detailed in the readme.txt). but it
looks and views great! The online documentation appears to be thorough.
I haven't had time to do my own help system (but I will when time allows)
with it but it doesn't look too different from HTML Help.
Donna Bruce

(Embedded Julie Comstock-Fisher <julief -at- PDAINC -dot- COM>
image moved 02/23/99 12:33 PM
to file:
pic01147.pcx)

Please respond to Julie Comstock-Fisher <julief -at- PDAINC -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Donna L. Bruce/Raleigh/USTRA/ABB)

Security Level:? Internal

On Monday, February 22, 1999 3:46 PM, Steven Anderson
[SMTP:Steven -dot- Anderson -at- BRIGHTWARE -dot- COM] wrote:
> I'm really interested in JavaHelp. Does anyone know of a public working
> example?

Hey, please respond to this on the list. I'd love to see a working example
of
JavaHelp, since we suddenly think we might have to produce it for a
web-based
application. Thanks!

Julie Comstock-Fisher Documentation Manager
julief -at- pdainc -dot- com PDA, Inc.
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug. --Mark Twain

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=