Solution for Web/Print Delivery with Daily Updates

Subject: Solution for Web/Print Delivery with Daily Updates
From: Amy Janczy <ajanczy -at- ITIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:53:04 -0600

I have a potential client who wants to convert a very large printed (Word)
manual to a version that can be viewed on their intranet. They also want
to maintain the printed version. The catch is that they want to be able to
make daily updates to both versions. (I may be able to have the print
updates switched to something more reasonable, like monthly.)

The in-house staff that will be maintaining these files knows Word, but not
any HTML (yet), and their IS department does not want to maintain any new
applications like say, FrontPage or Dreamweaver. These manuals do not have
any graphics, although they may use some on the Web. There are sizeable
tables that display in landscape format in print. Hyperlinks will be
extremely numerous both within and between files. We need to support
Navigator and Explorer 2.0 and later browsers.

Any suggestions for possible solutions?
Amy Janczy
Receives Digest Only - please copy
reply to ajanczy -at- itis -dot- com!