Re: Current TW books (was Re: Word Usage)

Subject: Re: Current TW books (was Re: Word Usage)
From: John Solomon <conference -at- SOL-SEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:05:16 +0000

Jane (and list),

Have you seen the SOLUTIONS TechComm Bookstore?

http://www.sol-sems.com/bookstor/books.htm

SOLUTIONS' business is solely focused on technical
communication training services. We only stock
top-notch publications for this field.

If you sign-in at the SOLUTIONS website guestbook, you
will be entered into our monthly drawing for a free book
of your choice. The winner may choose ANY title from our
selection.

http://www.sol-sems.com/guestbk.htm

We appreciate all feedback on the selection of
publications offered at our bookstore.

John Solomon
SOLUTIONS, Inc.
Reading, Massachussetts USA
800-448-4230 or 781-942-1610
781-942-1616, fax
conference -at- sol-sems -dot- com
http://www.sol-sems.com

> Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:20:20 -0600
> From: Jane Bergen <jbergen1 -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
> Subject: Current TW books (was Re: Word Usage)

> (snipped)
>
> Now, the bigger question that I would like to see discussed on this
> list is why are there so few good textbooks or even just good tech
> writing "how-to" books? Wylie & Sons had a good thing going with their
> Technical Communication Library, but I haven't seen much out of it
> lately. The last time I tried to search at their web site for it, I
> got no hits! (I think I have every book in the series, but want to be
> sure no new ones have quietly crept in.) It may be because everyone is
> asking their questions on this list instead of investing in books
> ;-)
>
> Jane

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=