Re: The humor problem -THE FINAL WORD.

Subject: Re: The humor problem -THE FINAL WORD.
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:58:03 -0800

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:17:15 EST, Lisa Dommer wrote:

>If you don't like the posts from Andrew, don't read them. I find them
>interesting . . .

Amen, Lisa.

Folks, the power is yours. When it comes right down to it, whining about
postings by someone you dont agree with, or postings made in a manner you
don't agree with, can be very easily countered with your delete key. Want
to make a complaint? Make it to the person in charge (Eric, in this
case), and then get on with your life. And if one person's writings upset
you... *DONT'T READ THEM!* The list doesn't hide the names of
contributors. You can delete Mr. Plato's or anyone else's messages
without even reading them! Lord knows, I do it all the time with topics
that don't interest me. A sweep of the mouse across a series of boring
Subjects, a stroke of the Del key, and my life is better for it!

If you're REALLY serious about it, use your mail program's filtering
feature, if it has one (or if possible, switch to one with filtering
functions), and have it simply auto-delete those messages you don't like,
before they even reach your Inbox.

Seriously... none of this is worth getting so worked up over! There are
so many more important problems to worry about! Like how on earth to get
my hair back in place after a nap on the couch when I have to leave for a
dinner party in five minutes... ARGH!

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

To persevere in one's duty and be silent
is the best answer to misrepresentation.
- George Washington

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=