Most Popular Document Management Systems?

Subject: Most Popular Document Management Systems?
From: Colleen Adams <colleen_adams -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:23:11 -0500

I know there's a wealth of information in the archives about document
management systems; however, I think there's a problem with the search
engine--it's not finding *any* matches (even when I search on
"document").

Does anyone know what the most *popular* off-the-shelf document
management systems are? I've got info on *a lot* of info on different
systems including PC Docs, Intradoc, Office Control 9000, Revision
Master, Author Assistant, SourceSafe, and others, but I'd like to know
what products are considered the *leaders* in doc management.

I'm looking for a tool that would manage mostly Microsoft Office files
(Excel, Word, Access), in addition to FrameMaker files. (I'd like to stay
away from packages that specialize in managing code, like SourceSafe.)

TIA!
Colleen Adams
External Documentation Manager
First DataBank, Inc.
Indianapolis, IN
colleen_adams -at- firstdatabank -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=