Fw: ACad to Word mis-registration

Subject: Fw: ACad to Word mis-registration
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:10:07 -0500

Yep, you got a problem there, pardner. The cut and paste process moves a
graphic from its home base into the clipboard. In your case, the graphic is
a cad drawing, which is, of course, a descriptor, like PostScript or WMF.
The TrueType font is referenced, and what you're likely getting is a
mismatch between the geometric descriptions of the stored graphic and the
TrueType definition. In other words, you need to convert your cad drawing to
a graphic first, then move it. Otherwise, you'll get a messed-up graphic
from time to time. If you can save your cad drawing as a WMF, you'll get
more consistent results. It isn't Word itself that's causing this, but the
Word import filter.

Tim Altom
Adobe Certified Expert, Acrobat
Simply Written, Inc.
The FrameMaker support people
Ask about Clustar Method training and consulting
317.562-9298
http://www.simplywritten.com

>I routinely embed ACad14 images in my W97 manuals using copy>Alt-Tab>paste.
>Ordinarily, the process is seamless and scalable and nobody gets hurt.
>
>Once in a while, the (TrueType) text moves from where I last saw it. The
>graphix WYSIWYG just fine, print out of ACad14 just fine, but mis-register
>the text just enough to be unusable. Might be related to the (HP) network
>printer, Our SA and I don't know where to turn.
>
>Sound familiar? Know anybody who's had this problem? Any advice?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=